Thursday, August 10, 2006

Donuts*

Good Old Digby follows up on a point I tried to make here about the war-mongering neocons being the fringe players and in the minority, whereas anti-war sentiment has now become the mainstream opinion. The GOP talking point that anyone who is "agin the gommint" is a member of the radical fringe is just bogus. The facts just don't bear out that contention. Having written that, I can just hear Stephen Colbert saying: But Bill, the facts are biased!

Digby:
It would appear that the people stated their desires quite clearly --- both in polls and in elections. I suppose they [the GOP] can keep claiming that 60% of the country is "extreme left" but I don't think anyone will believe them.

[Press Secretary, Tony] Snow was virtually incoherent this morning. If I didn't know better, I'd say the white house is rattled. As well they should be.

Here's my favorite Snow line:
In the totalitarian states the despot alone has the opportunity to declare what he or she wants to do. And frankly, they are much more warlike.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best."

* Donuts, because in a donut, the fringe is in the majority :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home