Thursday, June 22, 2006

Death and dying

A good friend of mine died Tuesday and the more this happens the more I realize how important it is to appreciate what we have while we have it. Almost all of us are wonderfully fortunate, if we only had the "eyes to see". Jane Hamsher, founder of FDL, has been away from her blogging recently with her dying mother (she just died today) and my thoughts are with her and all of those who have lost loved ones.

However, her sad times exposed yet another example of how the media doesn't do a good job of getting the facts straight. Here's Jane...
I got a call this morning that Christy and I had been attacked in The New Republic for staying silent on some particular matter because Kos had ordered us to do so. I have not posted since last Friday night, have not had internet access at the hospital and have only had moments at home when I could grab quick glances at the blog. I have no idea what's going on in the world, let alone the internecine politics of greater blogistan. Christy is working like a dog just trying to keep the blog going. Had TNR bothered to ask or even take a passing glance at FDL they could have figured that out, but they didn'’t. They obviously did no research --— just took someone'’s word for this particular smear. As did the Hotline Blogometer. I'’m not quite sure how I became the poster girl for something I wasn'’t even around for, but the attack is obviously not grounded in anything having to do with us. Or Kos. Or responsible journalism, for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home