Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jane takes on Brady and the WaPo

I really liked this image so I'm linking to it at FireDogLake . Read it regularly, I do.




Jane Hamsher did the on-line dance (post.blog chat) with Brady and some background music at his place but now challenges him to a dance on neutral turf.

Since I've shown my willingness to play by Brady's rules, I challenge him to engage in a dialogue in a neutral playing field. One-on-one, back and forth, no "background noise," no place to hide. We can do it in an email exchange, we can do it in a live chat, we do it over at the Huffington Post or any mutually agreeable place where the ground rules are equitable to both parties.

I've done my part. Let's see exactly how brave and committed to "transparency" he really is.

She also follows up on "the larger problems" which remain at the WaPo:

While I'm perfectly willing to believe Deborah Howell is too much of a dingaling to do anything other than mindlessly repeat what she has heard from others, it is impossible to divorce her repetition of an Abramoff GOP talking point from this context. Both Jim Brady's and the Washington Post's decision to characterize the response of their online readers as a problem of "uncivility" is an attempt to slap a cheap coat of whitewash over an insidious, festering problem that continues to plague their management and the reporters who continue to suck it up to earn front-page status for their articles.

[...]
And the larger problem remains. There is a serious institutional bias toward the right that the Post is apparently pursuing at its own peril.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home