Friday, January 19, 2007

Bloody Blogger

I made at least two posts last night that blogger ate. I noticed their absence when I received a tip from da boy about the Iranian concession offer in 2003 that was rejected by Cheney
Iran offered the US a package of concessions in 2003, but it was rejected, a senior former US official has told the BBC's Newsnight programme. Tehran proposed ending support for Lebanese and Palestinian militant groups and helping to stabilise Iraq following the US-led invasion. Offers, including making its nuclear programme more transparent, were conditional on the US ending hostility. But Vice-President Dick Cheney's office rejected the plan, the official said.
I went to link to what I had posted in my reply and... there it was... gone! And I can't remember what the second one was about... pathetic. Ah well, live in the moment...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

Blogger has been sucking royally lately, especially with its constant 'maintenance'. It wasn't this bad when I started on it last year. The eating phenomenon happened to me...if after trying to publish it requests you to sign in again, clicking the 'remember me' box on the sign in screen should stop it.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for the tip. I am "remembered" by Blogger now but I think I must have saved when they were "maintaining". It indicated success (which happens much faster with Beta.blogger) but after a maintenance period, it wasn't there. My guess (w/o knowing how it works) is that they are write-caching and my posts were in the cache and it didn't get written out to disk before the cache was flushed.

"Oh well," McWatt would sing, "what the hell." -- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home