Monday, September 25, 2006

Pathetic

I'll accept that CNN isn't as bad as FauxNews but I don't buy the argument that because both sides criticize it, CNN must be being doing a good job. I seldom watch the news on TV because... there is seldom anything news-worthy being presented on TV. Let's just say that tonight's little foray confirmed that my previous opinion about CNN's shortcomings was still evidence-based.

The subject that caught my eye while channel-surfing between innings of a baseball game was the alleged Clinton "meltdown" during his interview with Chris Wallace. I watched it and the topics that were addressed were: much ado about the nature of the meltdown (not whether it was anything more than Clinton making his point forcefully), the significance of his finger-wagging (because the talking heads asserted that the last time he wagged his finger while speaking was when he denied having sex with that woman) and some dressing gaff that caused him to show some skin when he crossed his legs! That's it!

The former President criticizes (for the first time!) the current President's handling of GWOT (and his own, by implication) by making the distinction that "at least I tried" and points out the glaring double-standard and hypocrisy of FauxNews and CNN doesn't even discuss the merits of the question, the answer or the context. Just awful ! And then talking head # 1 signs off from the segment by thanking (what's with this "thanking" anyway?) talking head # 2 and stating parenthetically "part of the best news team on television".

I think my jaw dropped open...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home