Saturday, March 17, 2007

Acknowledgment and kudos

The subject of the relationship between MSM and blogs is a favorite subject of mine. I mentioned recently that some well deserved kudos were being extended to TPM for its good work on the U.S.A. purge. Here's some more, this time in the LA Times, and here are Greg Sargent's observations on the subject, from within.

This, from reader Kewalo in comments, sums up my sentiments nicely:

As another old fogey I agree with my contemporaries. I hit TPM first thing after turning on the computer and always wish Josh a very good morning. It wasn't all that long ago that I read the paper with my coffee, now it is TPM.

It seems to me that the reason that we older citizens have embraced the blogs is because we remember good journalism. We remember the Cronkites and Huntley & Brinkleys and are heartsick about the changes we've seen. I think I speak for most of us when I say the blogs have put intelligence back into news gathering. And I for one am profoundly grateful.

So, thanks guys, it nice to see you getting some recognition but as far as I'm concerned you didn't need that article for validation. You're the best and we already knew that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home