Monday, February 26, 2007

I read the news today...

I've been away visiting a sick friend and have come back with a renewed sense of how fortunate I am. But we are not all this lucky and not all of us who are the beneficiaries of good fortune are even trying to use it to make the world a better place. I see hateful intolerant people obsessed with sex and claiming religious superiority. I see people obsessed with money and power who are spreading destruction and corruption to satisfy their greed. I'm going to keep calling it as I see it and do what I can to make the part over which I have any influence, a little better for all of us.

One of the first requirements is to be informed and for this reason, I suggest the you read this article by Seymour Hersh about the actual effects of American policy in the Middle East and this one in the Independent about what The True Extent of Britain's Failure in Basra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home