Saturday, January 28, 2006

jukeboxgrad, Tech Detective

This technophile thinks that jukeboxgrad has a great article (even if it is really long) over at the DailyKos. I was pointed to it by Jane at FireDogLake in an article entitled Don't Fuck With The Tech Guy in which she says:

When Brady first started peddling his story about "hundreds and hundreds" of comments filled with hate speech, I'm sure he never counted on some tech whiz to show up and resurrect archives and run the kind of sophisticated analysis that allowed him to reconstruct what really happened. He's put together an amazing diary over at Kos that recounts exactly what went on, an amazing bit of detective work that is really stunning in its scope.
I love it when competent people work hard to get at the facts. Most people don't like feeling cornered and that's what happens when you lie and someone goes after you relentlessly with facts and logic. As I have said before, it's one thing to be wrong and then apologize when your error is demonstrated, but it's quite another to deny and lie about it. As jukeboxgrad says in the comments: "I'm nice to people who make mistakes. I'm just not nice to people who lie to me, especially when they do it in a way that insults my intelligence."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home